With festive classics playing on the radio and enough mince pies to last a lifetime stocked up in the kitchen, it’s clear that Christmas is not far away!
As we all look forward to some much needed rest and relaxation, Santa is busy preparing himself for the longest journey he’ll make all year. He’ll travel a whopping 342,510,000kms delivering all his presents. That’s equivalent to more than 60 million times along the Prittle Brook Greenway! And you thought your daily commute was tough?!
As we finish our final preparations for Christmas, we wanted to take a moment to reflect on the great time we’ve had this year. We’ve loved meeting new friends and staying connected with old ones as we’ve worked to help you travel better in Southend. For everybody who’s joined us on social media, at events and on one of the many travel routes around the town: thank you for being part of our success!
Here are just a few of our highlights from Ideas in Motion in 2015:
- It was headphones in and popcorn at the ready as we launched Idea 40 with our #commuterclassics campaign, reminding ourselves that commuting by bus or train is the perfect time to catch up on those films that have been on our ‘must watch’ list for too long.
- We had a fantastic time at the Village Green Festival, as always. Our obstacle course got children (and a few brave adults!) weaving around poles and walking in big foam feet; our bus-based writing workshops got your creative juices flowing; and our dance flashmobbers from Shoeburyness High School had all of us up on our feet.
- The countdown came to an end as real-time bus information launched: the signs they did a’change! We know many of you are enjoying being able to get live updates on when your bus will arrive.
- Our annual Tweed and Vintage Fun Ride celebrated its 5th birthday in style with over 60 of you joining us to get dolled up and enjoy some summer sunshine as we cycled along the seafront before celebrating with afternoon tea in Southchurch Park.
- But most of all we loved hearing all your stories of travelling differently around Southend. It was great to see the inspiration and encouragement you all gave each other, whether you were commuting by train once a week, picking up a bike for the first time in years or simply enjoying a daily stroll through the park. A particular thank you to Helen and Terry for being willing to share their stories publicly on the website, and to the rest of you for providing us with loads of new ideas for the future!We can’t wait to share our exciting plans and ideas with you for 2016, but for now…Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year from everyone at Ideas in Motion!And don’t forget to stay connected over the festive period:Twitter: @IiMSouthendFacebook: Ideas in Motion