You asked, we listened.
In response to feedback from customers and staff, First has launched a number of service improvements in Southend. Changes to timetabled services across the borough got up and running yesterday (Sunday 17 November 2013). Check out updated timetables and find out more from the First Essex website.
Here at First, we’re always keen to hear from our customers. Taking on board your feedback and comments, we’ve made a number of changes which should help improve punctuality and make it even easier to travel around Southend by bus:
- To help those of you working early morning shifts or coming home late at night we’ve extended a number of different routes so they run to and from the Southend Travel Centre earlier in the morning and later in the evening.
- A number of bus routes in Southend have been improved to make things easier for those of you travelling to and from the hospital.
- We’ve also introduced a new timetable from Hamstel Road to the Southend Travel Centre.
We hope these improvements will make life easier and encourage more people to use Southend’s fantastic bus services.
There are loads of reasons why using the bus is a great way to travel. Here are just a few:
- You can broaden your mind: getting the bus to and from work is the ideal time to crack open a book or pop in your headphones and learn a new language for your next holiday.
- You can get an Octopus card and be squids in: save money with an Octopus card, available from the Southend Travel Centre, and have the freedom to hop on and off a number of operator’s buses around Southend whenever it suits you.
- You can de-stress: when you’ve had a tough day at work it helps not to have to worry about clutch control while you’re stuck in a traffic jam, so let the bus driver chauffeur you home.
- You can LOL on the bus: stay up to date with your Facebook friends during your journey to and from work.
We’re really proud to say we’ve listened to your feedback and made these changes. It doesn’t stop there; we want to hear how you’re finding the new and extended services. Get in touch with our Customer Services team at contactus.FEC@firstgroup.com.
We’re also on Twitter and Instagram on @FirstEssex. And don’t forget to follow @IiMSouthend or check out the Ideas in Motion Facebook page as well, and get all the latest ideas about travelling better in Southend.
Andy Wheeler, First South East