Southend on Sea Borough Council is pleased to announce that bus users in Southend-on-Sea and Greater Essex will receive more reliable bus information from this summer, thanks to the use of advanced technology.
From summer 2013, the Real Time Passenger Information System, including electronic signs at bus stops which provide timetable information, will be upgraded to offer:
- Higher quality, more reliable information based on the exact position of each bus
- Predictions of the arrival time
- The ability to view live data through web applications
- Access to information directly from mobile phones
- Access to audible announcement facilities at on street displays
Passengers can still access timetable information by visiting the Traveline website
You can also text the unique code shown on each bus stop to 84268 to receive a text message detailing the next four departures.